Today Top Current Affairs 15 September 2021
Daily Current Affairs 15 September 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News and International Current News.
PM Modi lays the foundation stone of Raja Mahendra Pratap Singh University
On 14th September 2021, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has laid the foundation stone of Raja Mahendra Pratap Singh State University in Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh (UP).
- The state govt is going to set up the university in memory and honour of the noted Jat figure, Raja Mahendra Pratap Singh. Mahendra Pratap was a great freedom fighter, educationist and social reformer.
- It will be built on an area of over 92 acres at Lodha village and Musepur Kareem Jarouli village of Kol tehsil in Aligarh.
In-person Quad Summit in US on Sept 24
PM Narendra Modi is going to attend the first in-person Quad leaders summit on September 24th, 2021 (Friday). On the Next day, Narendra Modi will also address the UN General Assembly in New York.
- The main purpose of the summit is to strengthen and deepen ties and increase cooperation in areas such as combatting COVID-19, addressing the climate crisis, partnering on emerging technologies and cyberspace, and promoting a free and open Indo-Pacific
- the US
Zimbabwe Cricketer Brendan Taylor announces retirement from international cricket
Former Zimbabwe captain and wicketkeeper-batsman Brendan Taylor have taken a decision to retire from international cricket. Brendan Taylor has played 34 Tests, 204 ODIs, and 45 T20Is.
- he has played his last ODI match against Ireland in Belfast on 13th September 2021 and this was also his 205th ODI.
- Cricketer Brendan Taylor has given his 17 years to cricket for Zimbabwe team.
- He made his debut against Sri Lanka in 2004.
- Apart from this, he has scored 6677 runs in ODIs, 2320 runs in Tests, and 934 runs in T20s.
Lasith Malinga announces retirement from T20 cricket
Sri Lankan Lasith Malinga has announced his retirement from all forms of cricket on 13th September 2021. Malinga has given a decorated 16-year international career that began in 2004. He already retired from the Test Format in 2011 and ODI format in 2019.
- Lasith Malinga has played 30 Tests, 226 ODIs, and 84 T20Is for Sri Lanka.
- He received 546 wickets including 101 in Tests, 338 in ODIs, and 107 in T20Is.
- In IPL, he has picked up 170 wickets in 122 matches for Mumbai Indians and has been the most successful bowler in history.
Human Rights and Terrorism in India Book by Subramanian Swamy
BJP MP Subramanian Swamy has unveiled his new book titled ”Human Rights and Terrorism in India”. The book highlights how the combating of terrorism can be harmonized with human and fundamental rights within reasonable restrictions that are permitted by the Constitution and upheld by the Supreme Court.
World Lymphoma Awareness Day 2021
Every year, World Lymphoma Awareness Day (WLAD) is observed on September 15 across the world. the main purpose of this day is to raise awareness of lymphoma, an increasingly common form of cancer.
- In 2004, Lymphoma Coalition (LC) initiated World Lymphoma Awareness Day (WLAD) to observe. Lymphoma Coalition is known as a non-profit network organization of 83 lymphoma patient groups from 52 countries around the world.
- The Theme 2021 of World Lymphoma Awareness Day is “We Can’t Wait”.
National Engineer’s Day 2021: September 15
In India, Engineer’s Day is observed on September 15 every year in order to commemorate the birth anniversary of the greatest Indian Engineer, Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya. Engineer’s Day pays rich tributes to Bharat Ratna Visvesvaraya who was known as the ‘Father of Modern Mysore’.
- The theme 2021 for Engineer’s Day is ‘Engineering for A Healthy Planet- Celebrating the UNESCO Engineering Report’.
- in 2020, the theme was ‘Engineers for a Self-Reliant India.’
International Day of Democracy 2021
Every year, the International Day of Democracy is observed on 15 September in the world. The International Day of Democracy is also known as World Democracy Day. the main purpose of this day is to highlight the importance of the participation of all members for the proper functioning of a democracy.
- The International Day of Democracy aims to encourage governments to strengthen and consolidate democracy. Democracy marks justice, peace, development, and human rights.
- The theme 2021 for International Day of Democracy is “Strengthening democratic resilience in the face of future crises”