Today Top Current Affairs 15 January 2021
Daily Current Affairs 15 January 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 15 January 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our daily current affairs.
Indian Army contracts with ideaForge for purchasing SWITCH drones
Recently, the Indian Army has signed an agreement to buy a high-altitude variant of SWITCH unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs). the contract has been signed with ideaForge, which is a Mumbai-based drone manufacturing company.
- To procure the drone, the Indian Army will spend USD 20 million. but, what will the quantity of UAVs is not confirmed.
- switches are known as fixed-wing UAV and have the capability to takeoff and landing. it is possible to set up at high altitude and harsh environments
- The Indian army will receive UAVs in a period of one year.
Fitch Ratings estimated Indian GDP at -9.4% in FY21 & 11% in FY22
The Fitch Ratings has estimated that India’s GDP will be contracted by 9.4% in FY21 (April 2020 to March 2021). And also predicted that in FY22, Indian GDP will increase by 11%.
Fitch Ratings Estimation for India GDP
- India GDP in FY21? – 9.4%
- India GDP in FY22? – 11%
About Fitch Ratings
- Headquarters: New York, United States
- CEO: Paul Taylor
- Founder: John Knowles Fitch
- Founded: 1914
Tesla Inc establishes first India entity in Bengaluru
The electric vehicle (EV) company Tesla (owned by Elon Musk) has opened a fully-owned subsidiary in Bengaluru, India.
- The name of the company will be ‘Tesla India Motors and Energy Private Limited’.
- Indian based Tesla unit organized on 8th January 2021.
- The company pays capital of Rs 1,00,000 and has authorised share capital of Rs 15 lakh.
Sadyr Japarov won Presidential Election
Kyrgyzstan: Sadyr Japarov has got the victory in Presidential election by a landslide victory. Sadyr is 52-year-old and achieved 79 per cent of the total votes cast.
- He will assume the post on 28th January 2021.
- Capital: Bishkek
- Currency: Kyrgyzstani som
Dushyant Dave took resignation from SC Bar Association (SCBA) President
On 14th January 20021, the President of Supreme Court Bar Association (SCBA) Dushyant A. Dave has decided to take resignation from the post.
- SCBA is known as Indian bar association and it includes the practising lawyers of the Supreme Court of India.
Indian Army Day on 15 January
The day of 15th January is observed as Army Day in India annually. it aims to salute the valiant soldiers who have sacrificed their lives to defend the nation and its citizens.
- In 2021, the Indian Army will celebrate its 73rd Indian Army Day.
Q.1 Where can I read daily current affairs?
you can study/read it from PrepareExams. We update daily current affairs day wise and monthly wise.
Q.2 How can I study current affairs for competitive exams 2021?
You can follow our PrepareExams website and bookmark our page. as well as, you can also make some notes of all the important issues at national and international level.
Q.3 What is the best way to prepare current affairs 2021?
1st way: you need to read daily current affairs and also should attend quiz daily to remember.
2nd way: read weekly and monthly current affairs regularly for revising.