Today Top Current Affairs 11 & 12 January 2021
Daily Current Affairs 11 & 12 January 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 11 & 12 January 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our daily current affairs.
ICRA estimated GDP of India to enhance by 10.1% in FY22
Domestic rating agency Icra Ratings has made estimation that the real gross domestic product (GDP) of India will increase by 10.1% in the FY2022.
- Prior to this, ICRA said a contraction of 7.8% for the FY2021.
“Modi India Calling – 2021” Book released
On 8th January 2021, The book “Modi India Calling – 2021” has been released on the ocassion of 16th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas (PBD). the BJP president from Delhi Adesh Gupta released this book.
- The book has 450 pages and includes more than 100 of photographs of Prime Minister Narendra Modi from his “107 overseas and bilateral visits”.
- This book is considered as the brainchild of senior BJP leader Vijay Jolly.
- Maneesh Media has published “Modi India Calling – 2021” book.
Coastal Research Vessel ‘Sagar Anveshika’ inaugurated by Harsh Vardhan
In Chennai, On 9th Jan 2021, Dr Harsh Vardhan has introduced state-of-the-art vessel ‘Sagar Avneshika’ at Chennai Port Trust.
- The vessel ‘Sagar Avneshika’ will play a role in helping the scientiststo begin deep ocean mission for ocean exploration.
- The Titagarh Marine Limited has developed research ship ‘Sagar Avneshika’.
- Along with it, it will help in promoting multi-disciplinary research on oceanography along the Indian coast and will also boost blue economy.
26th Kolkata International Film Festival
On 8th January, The CM of West Bengal State Shri Mati Mamata Banerjee Ji has inaugurated 26th Kolkata International Film Festival (KIFF) via a virtual platform.
- The festival will show 131 films from almost 45 nations by 13th January.
- At this occasion, Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan was alo present virtually from Mumbai. Shah Rukh Khan is also brand ambassador of West Bengal.
- Along with it, CM also increased theatres seats limit to 100% from 50%.
Bangladesh as ‘Country in Focus’ for 51st IFFI
India’s neighbour country Bangladesh is elected as the ‘Country in Focus’ for the 51st International Film Festival of India (IFFI).
- The festival will start on 16th January 2021 at Goa and it will run till 24th January 2021.
- The Country in Focus festival is known as a special segment that distinguishs the cinematic excellence and contributions of the nation. the 51st IFFI is going to screen 4 movies from Bangladesh.
- The International Film Festival of India (IFFI) was conducted in the year 1952 for first time. Directorate of Film Festivals make all kind of arrangements for IFFI with the help of Goa Govt.
Japan gave loan of 30 billion Japanese Yen to India
Japan has decided to provide Development Assistance loan of 30 billion Japanese Yen (Which is around 2,113 crore in Indian Rupees) to India. the loan will help in supporting India’s COVID-19 relief efforts.
- The main purpose of this programme loan is to contribute India’s efforts to offer coordinated and adequate social protection to the poor and vulnerable against the severe impacts of Crona Virus pandemic.
Jay Shah as Official Representative of BCCI
Jay Shah is elected as the official representative of Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
- At present, Jay Shah is serving as the Secretary of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
- He will take place of BCCI president Sourav Ganguly. few days ago, Sourav suffered from a heart attack and he was admitted to hospital and got the primary angioplasty.
National Road Safety Month 2021
The Road Transport & Highways Ministry is observing the National Road Safety Week in 2021. the week is celebrated in the 2nd week of January.
- the National Road Safety Month will run between 18th January 2021 and 17th February 2021.
- Under National Road Safety Week, many activities will be organized across the nation.
National Youth Day on 12 January
The day of 12th January is celebrated as National Youth Day in India for commemorating the birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda.
- In 1984, the Indian Govt decided to celebrate this day and the event was first observed in 1985.
- In this year, People are celebrating 158th birth anniversary of Swami Vivekanand
National Youth Day 2021 Theme –
- ‘Channelizing Youth Power for Nation Building‘
Telugu Journalist Turlapati Kutumba Rao died at 89
The famous journalist and orator Shri Turlapati Kutumba Rao Ji has taken his last breath at the age of 89. He was named for his service to journalism in the Telugu language.
- Along with it, Turlapati Kutumba penned more than 4000 biographies and also given 16000 public speeches by Telugu Book of Records as a world record.
- In the year 20002, he was honoured with the 4th highest Indian civilian award Padma Shri. he was from the state of Andhra Pradesh.
Q.1 Where can I read daily current affairs?
you can study/read it from PrepareExams. We update daily current affairs day wise and monthly wise.
Q.2 How can I study current affairs for competitive exams 2021?
You can follow our PrepareExams website and bookmark our page. as well as, you can also make some notes of all the important issues at national and international level.
Q.3 What is the best way to prepare current affairs 2021?
1st way: you need to read daily current affairs and also should attend quiz daily to remember.
2nd way: read weekly and monthly current affairs regularly for revising.