Today Top Current Affairs 1 May 2021
Daily Current Affairs 1 May 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 1 May 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our Today current affairs.
NATO Joint Military Exercise DEFENDER-Europe 21 Begins in Albania
On 26th April 2021, the ‘DEFENDER-Europe 21’ exercise has been commenced in Albania and it will be held in over 30 training areas in 12 countries, and DEFENDER-Europe 21 will run during April, May, and June.
- 28000 forces will become part of these military exercises such as the United States, NATO countries.
Brand Finance Report 2021: Top 10 Most-Valuable Insurance Brand Globally
The London-based brand valuation consultancy firm Brand Finance has released Brand Finance Report 2021 in order to mark the most valuable and strongest insurance brands globally.
- As per the report, Ping An Insurance has ranked as the most valuable insurance brand in the world.
- Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) has become the 3rd strongest and the 10th most valuable insurance brand globally.
- In 2021, its brand value has been growing by 7% and reaches $8.65 billion
SIDBI launches SHWAS and AROG Loan Schemes
The Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) launches 2 schemes in order to help MSMEs.
The two new loan products are:
SHWAS – SIDBI assistance to Healthcare sector in War Against the Second wave of COVID-19
AROG – SIDBI Assistance to MSMEs for Recovery & Organic Growth during COVID19 pandemic
- It will help Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises in the manufacturing oxygen cylinders, oxy-generators, oxygen concentrators, liquid oxygen.
- Will help in the manufacturing of products or will offer services related to fighting coronavirus, like Pulse Oximeters, Permitted drugs (Remdesivir, Fabiflu, Dexamethasone, Azithromycin, etc), Ventilators, PPEs, etc.
Amitabh Chaudhry as MD & CEO of Axis Bank for 3 Years
Amitabh Chaudhry is elected as the Managing Director and CEO of Axis Bank. he will serve for a period of three years till December 31, 2024.. his appointment was done by the bank board.
- He has served as Managing Director (MD) and CEO of Axis Bank between 1st January 2019 and December 31, 2021.
- Also, he was appointed as the MD and CEO of HDFC Standard Life Insurance Company.
About HDFC Standard Life Insurance Company –
CEO: Vibha Padalkar
About Axis Bank –
CEO: Amitabh Chaudhry
Founded: 1993, Ahmedabad
Former Attorney General Soli Sorabjee Passes Away at 91
Shri Soli Sorabjee has passed away at the age of 91 due to Covid-19. he was Former Attorney General of India.
- he has served as the Solicitor General of India between 1977 and 1980.
- He was appointed as the Attorney General of India from 1989 to 1990 and then from 1998 to 2004.
- Sorabjee was honored with Padma Vibhushan in 2002.
Veteran TV Journalist Rohit Sardana Passes Away due to Covid-19 Infection
TV journalist and news anchor Rohit Sardana has passed away at the age of 41 due to a heart attack. he was also suffering from a COVID-19 infection.
- Sardana worked with Zee News since 2004 and later he joined Aaj Tak in 2017.
- He also used to host the Taal Thok Ke program and also hosted the debate show ”Dangal.”
- In 2018, he was honored with the Ganesh Shankar Vidyarthi Puraskar by the Indian government.
International Workers Day 2021
The International Workers’ Day (Also known as Workers’ Day, Labour Day) is marked on May 1st every year across the world in order to honour the contribution of the labourers and working-class people.
- In 1923, India observed the 1st Labour day and this day also called Antarrashtriya Shramik Diwas or Kamgar Din.
theme of Labour Day 2021:
- 2019 theme: “Uniting Workers for Social and Economic Advancement.”
*** Follow Us on Social Accounts for Updates***
|Job Alert on Email|
|Download Prepare Exams Android App|
|Join Prepare Exams on Facebook|
|Join Prepare Exams on Twitter|
|Join Prepare Exams Jobs on Telegram|