Current Affairs 1 January 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
Attempt Quiz – Daily Current Affairs Quiz
Attempt Computer Quiz – Click Here
Attempt Static GK Quiz – Click Here for Static GK topics for Competitive Exams
PM Modi lays foundation stones of projects worth over Rs 17,500 crore
India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated and laid foundation stones of projects worth over Rs 17,500 crore in Haldwani city of the Kumaon region in Uttarakhand on 30th December 2021.
- The projects also include three different stretches of the Chardham all-weather road which have been widened, Nagina-Kashipur National Highway, Suring Gad hydel project and sewage works under the Namami Gange programme at Nainital.
- Govt has also introduced a Rs 2,000 crore scheme for the development of the overall infrastructure of Haldwani, for water, sewage, road, parking, street lights.
UP’s Jhansi Railway Station Renamed As ‘Veerangana Laxmibai Railway Station’
Uttar Pradesh government has announced to rename Jhansi Railway Station as ‘Veerangana Laxmibai Railway Station’ after Rani Laxmibai.
- UP Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath announced this in a tweet in Hindi and said “The Jhansi Railway station will now be known as ‘Veerangana Laxmibai Railway Station’.
- Govt renamed Mughalsarai Railway station as Pt. Deen Dayal Upadhyaya junction and the Faizabad Railway station as Ayodhya Cantt.
Rajeev Ahuja as interim CEO of RBL Bank
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has given its approval to the appointment of Rajeev Ahuja as Interim Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer (MD&CEO) of the RBL Bank Ltd for a period of three months with effect from December 25, 2021, or till the appointment of a regular MD & CEO,
- Rajeev Ahuja has served as the Executive Director of RBL Bank. Prior to joining RBL Bank, he was Managing Director – Investor Sales Business (South Asia) with Citigroup, India.
- He studied in Masters in Business Administration from IIM, Ahmedabad
Vasudevan reappointed as MD and CEO of Equitas Small Finance Bank for 3 years
Equitas Small Finance Bank Limited board of directors has re-appointed Vasudevan Pathangi Narasimhan (PN) as the MD & CEO for a period of three years. he will serve as the MD & CEO from July 23, 2022, up to July 22, 2025.
- Vasudevan is serving as the MD and CEO and has served as the MD of erstwhile Equitas Finance Limited from July 23, 2016.
- He served as the executive vice president and head of the consumer banking group in Development Credit Bank Limited.
- He was also the chairman of the managing committee of the South India Hire Purchase Association for the fiscal year 2006.
V S Pathania Takes Charge As Indian Coast Guard Chief
VS Pathania has assumed the charge as the Director-General of the Indian Coast Guard (ICG) on 30th December 2021. VS Pathania has taken place of K Natarajan, who served as the Chief of the ICG from July 1, 2019, to December 31, 2021.
- VS Pathania is an alumnus of the Defence Services Staff College, Wellington, and National Defence College, New Delhi.
- He holds a Master’s Degree in Defence and Strategic Studies from the University of Madras.
- VS Pathania is a qualified helicopter pilot.
- VS Pathania was given the rank of additional director-general (DG) in November 2019 and took over the reins as Coast Guard Commander (Eastern Seaboard) at Visakhapatnam.
ITBP DG Sanjay Arora gets additional charge of SSB DG
The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has given the additional charge as DG of Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) to ITBP Director General (DG) Sanjay Arora.
- ITBP Director General (DG) Sanjay Arora has replaced Kumar Rajesh Chandra.
- Kumar Rajesh is a 1985-batch IPS officer of the Bihar cadre and took charge as the SSB DG in January 2019 and superannuated on December 31, 2021.
- Arora will serve as SSB DG till the appointment and joining of the regular incumbent or until further orders, whichever is earlier.
SBI acquires 9.95% stake in India International Clearing Corporation (IICC)
State Bank of India, India’s largest public-sector lender is going to acquire up to a 9.95 per cent stake in India International Clearing Corporation (IFSC) Ltd subject to a maximum investment of ₹34.03 crores.
- SBI investment will be strategic and will aim to strengthen the financial markets infrastructure in a regulatory filing.
- the Reserve Bank of India (in July 2021) and IFSC Authority (in July 2021) have given their approvals to SBI for the acquisition.
ICRA Projects India’s GDP at 9% in FY22 and FY23
ratings and research firm Icra has estimated that India’s economy will grow at 9% in FY22 and FY23 amid the uncertainty triggered by the Omicron variant of Covid-19.
ICRA Limited –
- CEO: Ramnath Krishnan
- Headquarters: India
- Founded: 16 January 1991
- Owner: Moody’s Corporation
Daily Current Affairs 1 January 2022 2021: FAQs
Q.1 Which is best for daily current affairs?
Candidates can read Current Affairs on @ PrepareExams.Com and can also read Monthly Current Affairs Magazine including Pratiyogita Darpan, Civil Services Times, Yojana, Niti Aayog reports, Economic and Political Weekly (for some topics only), World Focus year-end issue only, and so on.
Q.2 Where can I get daily current affairs PDF?
Candidates can find daily current affairs at PrepareExam App and its website https://www.prepareexams.com/. it also provides monthly current affairs PDF from https://www.prepareexams.com/.
Q.3 How can I write SSC current affairs notes?
Follow these steps:
Attempt Previous Years Papers.
Read the Current Affairs of the Last 6 Months Before the Exam.
Must Attempt Daily Current Affairs Quiz.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.