Today Current Affairs 12 August 2022 | Current affairs today pdf download – Current Affairs for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
Cabinet approves continuation of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Urban (PMAY-U) – “Housing for All” Mission till 2024
Housing for All” Mission till 2024– The Union Cabinet has approved the continuation of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Urban (PMAY-U) up to December 31, 2024, the cabinet was chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi.
- The continuation of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Urban (PMAY-U) scheme is based on the request of States/UTs,
- The scheme will also help in the completion of already sanctioned 122.69 lakh houses by March 31, 2022.
- It is a flagship Mission of the Government of India being implemented by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA).
- It was launched on June 25, 2015, and aimed to ensure a pucca house for all eligible urban households by the year 2022.
PM Modi Dedicates 2G Ethanol Plant to the nation in Panipat Haryana
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi JI has dedicated the second generation (2G), Ethanol Plant, in Panipat, Haryana to the nation through a video conference on August 10, 2022, on the occasion of World Biofuel Day.
- The 2G Ethanol Plant will use approx 2 lakh tonnes of rice straw (parali) every year to generate around 3 crore litres of Ethanol annually.
- It was built at an estimated cost of over Rs. 900 crores by Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. (IOCL).
- It will help in freed mother earth from the pain that was caused by burning stubble.
- It will generate new systems for stubble cutting and its disposal, new facilities for transportation and new biofuel plants and also will create new employment opportunities
- The stubble will be a means of additional income for farmers.
- The pollution in Delhi, NCR and Haryana will be reduced, and the contribution of farmers in protecting the environment will grow further.
RBI cancels licence of Pune-based Rupee Co-operative Bank
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has cancelled the banking licence of Pune-based Rupee Co-operative Bank due to the following an order from the Bombay High Court. The Bombay High Court order will be the effect after 6 weeks from August 11, 2022.
- the bank will discontinue carrying on banking business with effect from September 22, 2022.
- The lender does not have adequate capital and earning prospects,
- The bank failed to comply with banking regulations,
- the continuance of the bank is prejudicial to the interests of its depositors as it is not in a position to pay them
- the public interest will be adversely affected if the bank is allowed to carry on its business any further.
Union Minister Jitendra Singh launches book titled ‘Rusty Skies and Golden Winds’
Union Minister Jitendra Singh launched a book titled ‘Rusty Skies and Golden Winds’, has been written by an 11-year-old, standard 7 student, Sannidhya Sharma.
- Sannidhya Sharma belongs to a remote village in Kharah on the outskirts of Jammu.
- This 100-page poetry book contains an anthology of 40 poems in which the young author explains the nature of the world.
- Blue-rose publishers published ‘Rusty Skies and Golden Winds book.
James Marape sworn in as Prime Minister of Papua New Guinea for 2nd term
The Parliament of Papua New Guinea has decided to choose unopposed the incumbent Prime Minister James Marape. James Marape has been sworn in as Prime Minister of Papua New Guinea and will start his 2nd term on August 10, 2022.
- In 2019, He first became prime minister of the South Pacific island nation after Peter O’Neill resigned.
Women’s section introduced for first time in 2022 Tata Steel Chess India Tournament
The 4th edition of the Tata Steel Chess India tournament will be conducted in Kolkata between November 29 and December 4, 2022. This year, a separate women’s section has been included in the tournament, which had only the Open section so far.
- Top Indian female players such as Koneru Humpy, D Harika, and R Vaishali will contest in the maiden women’s edition in the 2022 Tata Steel Chess India Tournament.
- Tata Steel Chess India (rapid and blitz) is a chess tournament in India.
Real Madrid wins the 2022 UEFA Super Cup for a record-equalling fifth time
Real Madrid wins the 2022 UEFA Super Cup for a record-equalling 5th time, in the final match, Real Madrid beat Eintracht Frankfurt, 2-0 on August 11, 2022, in Helsinki, Finland.
- The last season’s Champions League winners Real Madrid beat Europa League winners Eintracht Frankfurt to win the title for the 5th time.
- Before this, Team Barcelona, and Team Milan won the trophy five times each.
- UEFA Super Cup is an annual football match which is scheduled by UEFA for the winners of the two main European club competitions, i.e. the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League.
2022 BRICS Games to be held online in September 2022
The 2022 BRICS Games have been scheduled to be held from September 01 to 30 in online mode. athletes from Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa (BRICS) will join the 2022 BRICS Games online in September 2022.
- BRICS Games aims to enhance mutual understanding and people-to-people exchanges among participating countries in an innovative and safe way, through the power of sports.
- The 2022 BRICS Games will have only three competitive events, such as breakdancing, chess and Wushu (Chinese martial arts).
- The Game is being conducted by China, which will be the host country of the 14th BRICS Summit held in June 2022.
World Elephant Day 2022
Every year, World Elephant Day is observed on August 12 globally, aimed at the preservation and protection of the global elephants. World Elephant Day aims to create awareness of elephant conservation and to share knowledge and positive solutions for the better protection and management of wild and captive elephants.
- On August 12, 2012, The day was first observed.
- World Elephant Day was co-founded by Canadian filmmaker Patricia Sims and the Elephant Reintroduction Foundation of Thailand, an initiative of HM Queen Sirikit.
International Youth Day 2022
The International Youth Day (IYD) is observed on August 12 annually across the world. the main objective of this day is to Pay attention to governments and others towards youth issues worldwide.
- the first International Youth Day (IYD) was celebrated on August 12th, 2000, and was designated by the United Nations in association with the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations and the Major Group for Children and Youth in 1999.
- 2022 Theme of International Youth Day (IYD): Intergenerational Solidarity: Creating a World for All Ages.
******** END ********
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.