TIFR GS Syllabus 2024 – Candidates who have now applied for the Graduate School Admissions – Entrance Exam 2024 can get and download the TIFR GS Syllabus 2024 PDF through this article. You can check and download the TIFR Exam Syllabus along with the complete details of the TIFR GS Test Pattern 2024 with the help following sections.
TIFR GS Syllabus 2024 – Overview
|Board Name||Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR)|
|Exam Name||TIFR GS 2024|
|Category||Entrance Exam Syllabus|
|Mode Of Exam||Computer-based test (CBT)|
|Purpose of Exam||Ph.D., Integrated M.Sc.-Ph.D. and M.Sc. degree in Biology, Chemistry, Computer & Systems Science|
TIFR GS Exam Pattern 2024
The exam will be held by the officials of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR). The exam will consist of various subjects such as Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Computer & Systems Sciences, and Science Education.
|Mode of the examination||Computer-based test (CBT)|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Frequency of exam in a year||Once a year|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs), |
Subjective Questions, True- False Statements
|Total number of Questions||Varies from subject to subject|
|Total Marks||80-100 marks|
|Negative marking||Yes, 1 Mark|
|Marking Scheme||2 Marks for correct answer|
|Total sections in the question paper||2|
|Name of the section and number of questions asked from it||Stage1: Online Test|
Stage 2: Interview round depending upon the score achieved
TIFR GS Exam Syllabus 2024 – Subject Wise
- Geometry/ Topology
In general, the syllabus for the Admissions Tests in Physics (Written and Interview) is typically a course of studies in Physics as the main subject at the Undergraduate and master levels in an Indian University. The questions in the written test (multiple choice type) and the interviews are distributed over the following areas: Classical Mechanics; Mathematics relevant to Physics; Electricity and Magnetism; Quantum Mechanics; Heat, Thermodynamics, and Statistical Physics; General Physics; Modern Physics; Electronics and Experimental Physics.
The syllabus for the Written test in Chemistry is similar to the typical standard syllabus followed in any Indian university for the B.Sc. and M.Sc. degree course. The questions are aimed at testing the basic understanding and knowledge in the areas of physical, organic, inorganic, analytical, electro and quantum chemistry, biophysics, thermodynamics, spectroscopy (NMR, fluorescence, IR, UV, and X-ray), logic, and statistics and mathematical methods.
The test consists of multiple choice questions covering *basics only* in physics, chemistry, maths, and biology.
Computer & Systems Sciences
- Discrete Mathematics: Sets and Relations, Combinatorics (Counting) and Elementary Probability Theory, Graph Theory, Propositional and Predicate Logic.
- Formal Languages, Automata Theory and Computability.
- Data Structures and Algorithms: Arrays, Lists, and Trees, Sorting and Searching, Graph algorithms, Complexity of problems, and NP-completeness.
- Fundamentals of Programming Languages and Compilers: Control structures, Parameter passing mechanisms, Recursion, Parsing and type checking, Memory management.
- Operating Systems and Concurrency
- Switching Theory and Digital Circuits
- Theory of Databases
- Engineering Mathematics: Complex Analysis, Linear Algebra, Elementary Numerical Analysis, Basic Optimization Theory and Algorithms, Introduction to Probability Theory and Statistics.
- Electrical and Computer Sciences: Introduction to Signals and Linear Systems Analysis, Control Systems, Digital Signal Processing, Basic Circuit Theory, Introduction to Digital Communications, Digital Computer Fundamentals, Introduction to Computer Programming.
The first section will contain a total of 80 multiple-choice questions distributed among several subjects as follows:
- (a) 25 questions that test scientific literacy, technical comprehension, quantitative and logical reasoning.
- (b) 15 questions on education, social sciences and cognitive sciences.
- (c) 10 questions each on biology, chemistry, physics and mathematics. The 10 questions in each subject will test the candidate’s ability to apply concepts and reason with concepts in these subjects. The subject content covered by the questions will be up to the level of CBSE Std. XII.
The candidate is expected to answer a maximum of 50 questions from section one. There is no negative marking. However, in case more than 50 questions are attempted, the score obtained will be normalized (i.e., proportionally decreased) to a score corresponding to 50 questions.
The second section will have the following questions:
- (a) Describe briefly (in 300 words or less) any research topic of your interest related to science, mathematics, or design and technology education. Provide arguments for why that research is important, and outline the possible educational outcomes of the research you have described.
- (b) Write short essays (about 250 words each) on any two of the topics given. (Topics will be given in the question paper.)
Subject Wise TIFR GS Syllabus 2024 Download Links
|TIFR GS Mathematics Syllabus 2024 PDF Download||Click Here|
|Download TIFR GS Physics Syllabus 2024 PDF||Click Here|
|Download TIFR GS Chemistry Syllabus 2024 PDF||Click Here|
|Download TIFR GS Biology Syllabus 2024 PDF||Click Here|
|TIFR GS Computer Science & Learning, Information and Data Sciences Syllabus 2024 PDF Download||Click Here|
|TIFR GS Science Education Syllabus 2024 PDF Download||Click Here|
Bookmark our website @ PrepareExams.com to get more details on the TIFR GS Syllabus. Thank You!!!