Sushmita Dev a lone woman MP in a 31-member panel reviewing legal marriage age – Trinamool Congress MP Sushmita Dev announced to ensure all voices are heard when the Standing Committee on Education, Women, Children, Youth and Sports takes up the Prohibition of Child Marriage (Amendment) Bill.
- The Prohibition of Child Marriage (Amendment) Bill, 2021 seeks to increase the legal age of women for marriage from 18 to 21 and will amend the “Prohibition of Child Marriage Act, 2006” and seven personal laws includng –
- Indian Christian Marriage Act
- the Parsi Marriage and Divorce Act
- the Muslim Personal Law (Shariat) Application Act
- the Special Marriage Act
- the Hindu Marriage Act
- the Foreign Marriage Act.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.