SSC CGL Syllabus 2023 PDF Download: Check Exam Pattern – Dear Students, The SSC CGL Exam Syllabus 2023 PDF has been released on the official website. So, all the candidates can download the SSC CGL Syllabus 2023 through the direct link attached. Besides, you will find the complete details of the SSC CGL Selection Process 2023 and the SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2023 in the below sections.
SSC CGL Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2023 – Overview
|Board Name||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Posts||Group B, Group C|
|Selection Process||Screening Test (CBT)|
SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2023
The SSC CGL question paper of the recruitment test will be 100 questions with a Maximum mark of 200 marks and All questions carry equal marks. The Exam duration of the SSC CGL paper will be 1 Hour. for each wrong answer, -0.50 marks will be deducted. Below the given table is for the SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2023.
SSC Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Tier -1 Exam Pattern
- Total Questions – 100
- Total marks – 200
- Exam duration – 1 Hour (1 hour and 20 minutes for the disabled candidates)
- Exam Type – Objective Type, Multiple choice questions
- Negative Marking – Yes, 0.50
- Language – English & Hindi
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50|
SSC Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Tier -2 Exam Pattern
- Total Questions – 400
- Total marks – 800
- Exam duration – 2 Hour (2 hour and 40 minutes for the disabled candidates)
- Exam Type – Objective Type, Multiple choice questions
- Negative Marking – Yes, 0.50 for Paper-I, Paper-III, and Paper-IV. and 0.25 for Paper-II
- Language – English & Hindi
|Paper-I: Quantitative Abilities||100||200|
|Paper-II: English Language and Comprehension||100||200|
|Paper-IV: General Studies (Finance and Economics)||100||200|
SSC Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Tier -3 Exam Pattern
- Time Duration: 1 hour (1 hour and 20 minutes for the disabled candidates)
- Questions –
- Marks – 100
- Language – Hindi or English
- Subjects – Descriptive Paper (Writing of Essay/ Precis/ Letter/ Application etc.)
SSC Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Tier – 4 Exam Pattern
- Computer Proficiency Test (CPT) and Data Entry Speed Test (DEST)
|★★ You Can Also Check ★★|
|SSC CGL Previous Question Papers PDF Download|
|SSC CGL Admit Card|
|SSC CGL Answer Key|
|SSC CGL Results|
|SSC CGL Exam|
Subject Wise – SSC CGL Syllabus 2023
SSC CGL Tier 1 Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus
The questions will be designed to test the ability of appropriate use of numbers and number sense of the candidate. The scope of the test will be computation of
- Whole numbers, decimals,
- Fractions and relationships between numbers,
- Ratio & Proportion
- Square roots
- Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount
- Partnership Business
- Mixture and Alligation
- Time and distance,
- Time & Work
- Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra & Elementary surds,
- Graphs of Linear Equations
- Triangle and its various kinds of centres
- Congruence and similarity of triangles
- Circle and its chords
- Angles subtended by chords of a circle
- Common tangents to two or more circles
- Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism
- Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres
- Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or
- Square base
- Trigonometric ratio
- Degree and Radian Measures
- Standard Identities
- Complementary angles
- Heights and Distances
- Frequency polygon
- Bar diagram
- Pie chart.
SSC CGL Tier 1 Syllabus for General Intelligence and Reasoning
It would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. This component may include questions on:
- Similarities and differences
- Space visualization
- Spatial orientation
- Analysis, judgment, decision making
- Visual memory
- Relationship concepts
- Arithmetical reasoning and
- Figural classification
- Arithmetic number series
- Non-verbal series
- Coding and decoding
- Statement conclusion
- Syllogistic reasoning etc.
- The topics are, Semantic Analogy, Symbolic/ Number Analogy, Figural Analogy, Semantic Classification, Symbolic/ Number Classification, Figural Classification, Semantic Series, Number Series, Figural Series, Problem Solving, Word Building, Coding & de-coding,
Numerical Operations, symbolic Operations, Trends, Space Orientation, Space Visualization, Venn Diagrams, Drawing inferences, Punched hole/ pattern- folding & un-folding, Figural Pattern-folding and completion, Indexing, Address matching, Date & city matching, Classification of centre codes/ roll numbers, Small & Capital letters/numbers coding, decoding and classification, Embedded Figures, Critical thinking, Emotional Intelligence, Social Intelligence
SSC CGL Tier 1 English Language Syllabus
Candidate’s ability to understand correct English, their basic comprehension and writing ability, etc. would be tested
SSC CGL Tier 1 General Awareness Syllabus
Questions in this component will be aimed at testing the candidates’ general awareness of the environment around them and its application to society. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observations and
experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person. The test will also include questions relating to
- India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography,
Economic Scene, General Policy & Scientific Research.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Syllabus
Module-I of Session-I of Paper-I (Mathematical Abilities):
- Number Systems – Computation of Whole Number, Decimal and Fractions, Relationship between numbers.
- Fundamental arithmetical operations: Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Alligation, Time and distance, Time and work.
- Algebra: Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds (simple problems) and Graphs of Linear Equations.
- Geometry: Familiarity with elementary geometric figures and facts: Triangle and its various kinds of centres, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circle.
- Mensuration: Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square Base
- Trigonometry: Trigonometry, Trigonometric ratios, Complementary angles, Height and distances (simple problems only) Standard Identities.
- Statistics and probability: Use of Tables and Graphs: Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar-diagram, Pie-chart; Measures of central tendency: mean, median, mode, standard deviation; calculation of simple probabilities.
Module-II of Section-I of Paper-I (Reasoning and General Intelligence)
Questions of both verbal and non-verbal types. These will include questions on
- Semantic Analogy
- Symbolic operations
- Symbolic/ Number Analogy
- Figural Analogy
- Space Orientation
- Semantic Classification
- Venn Diagrams
- Symbolic/ Number Classification
- Drawing inferences
- Figural Classification
- Punched hole/ pattern-folding & unfolding
- Semantic Series, Figural Patternfolding and completion
- Number Series, Embedded figures,
- Figural Series
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Emotional Intelligence
- Word Building
- Social Intelligence
- Coding and de-coding
- Numerical operations
- Other sub-topics, if any
Module-I of Section-II of Paper-I (English Language And Comprehension):
- Sentence structure
- Synonyms, antonyms and their correct usage
- Spot the Error
- Fill in the Blanks
- Synonyms/ Homonyms, Antonyms, Spellings/ Detecting mis-spelt words
- Idioms & Phrases
- One word substitution
- Improvement of Sentences
- Active/ Passive Voice of Verbs
- Conversion into Direct/ Indirect narration
- Shuffling of Sentence parts
- Shuffling of Sentences in a passage
- Cloze Passage
- Comprehension Passage.
- To test comprehension, three or more paragraphs will be given and questions based on those will be asked. At least one paragraph should be a simple one based on a book
or a story and the other two paragraphs should be on current affairs, based on a report or an editorial.
Module-II of Section-II of Paper-I (General Awareness):
- Questions are designed to test the candidates’ general awareness of the environment around them and its application to society. Questions are also designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of an educated person.
- The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General policy and scientific research
Module-I of Section-III of Paper-I (Computer Proficiency):
- Computer Basics: Organization of a computer, Central Processing Unit (CPU), input/ output devices, computer memory, memory organization, back- up devices, PORTs, Windows Explorer. Keyboard shortcuts
- Software: Windows Operating system including basics of Microsoft Office like MS word, MS Excel and Power Point etc.
- Working with Internet and e-mails: Web Browsing & Searching, Downloading & Uploading, Managing an E-mail Account, e-Banking.
- Basics of networking and cyber security: Networking devices and protocols, Network and information security threats (like hacking, virus, worms, Trojan etc.) and preventive measures.
- Collection, Classification and Presentation of Statistical Data
- Measures of Central Tendency
- Measures of Dispersion
- Moments, Skewness and Kurtosis
- Correlation and Regression
- Probability Theory
- Random Variable and Probability Distributions
- Sampling Theory
- Statistical Inference
- Analysis of Variance
- Time Series Analysis
- Index Numbers
Paper-III (General Studies-Finance and Economics)
Part A: Finance and Accounts – (80 marks):
- Fundamental principles and basic concept of Accounting
- Financial Accounting
- Basic concepts of accounting
Part B: Economics and Governance – (120 marks)
- Comptroller & Auditor General of India
- Finance Commission
- Basic Concept of Economics and introduction to Micro
- Theory of Demand and Supply
- Theory of Production and cost
- Forms of Market and price determination in different
- Indian Economy
- Economic Reforms in India
- Money and Banking
- Role of Information Technology in Governance
Module-II of Section-III of Paper-I i.e.Data Entry Speed Test (DEST)
- Module-II of Section-III of Paper-I will include conducting of a Data Entry Speed Test (DEST) for a duration of 15 minutes in Session-II on the same day.
- The “Data Entry Speed Test” (DEST) Skill Test will be conducted for a passage of about 2000 (two thousand) key depressions for a duration of 15 (fifteen) minutes.
- DEST will be mandatory for all the posts; however it will be qualifying in nature.
- While shortlisting the candidates for the posts where either Computer
Proficiency is prescribed or where DEST is prescribed i.e.Tax Assistant in CBIC, Tax Assistant in CBDT, and UDC/ SSA in Central Bureau of Narcotics (Ministry of Finance), higher qualifying standards will be set in comparison to other posts.
SSC CGL Syllabus 2023 – Download Link
|Download SSC CGL Syllabus 2023 & Exam Pattern PDF||Click Here|
SSC CGL Syllabus 2023 – FAQs
Q.1 For how many marks, SSC CGL Exam will be held?
SSC CGL Exam will be held for 200 Marks.
Q.2 Who is conducting the SSC CGL Exam?
The officials of the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) are conducting the SSC CGL Exam.
Q.3 What is the Exam duration for SSC CGL Exam?
The Exam duration for SSC CGL Exam is 60 Minutes.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
📣 Prepare Exams is now on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube Channel, and Google News to get all the latest News first Like, Follow and bookmark our website @ PrepareExams.com.
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.
******** End ********