Sports Ministry approved Olympic Gold Medallist Neeraj Chopra’s proposal to train in the United Kingdom under Target Olympic Podium Scheme (TOPS). shuttler Kidambi Srikanth, wrestler Deepak Punia and Javelin thrower and Commonwealth Games medallist Annu Rani were also included in foreign training.
- Under the TOPS, the player and their support staff’s flight, accommodation, local travel, and food costs will be covered.
- An out-of-pocket allowance of 50 dollars per day will be provided to each athlete for any other expense under TOPS.
Target Olympic Podium Scheme (TOPS)
- The Target Olympic Podium Scheme or TOPS has been launched in 2014 under the aegis of the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports (MYAS), Govt of India.
- Under this scheme, athletes and sportspersons will be given a customized training from top coaches at modern and well-equipped sports facilities and institutions.
- The sportspersons will be provided assistance for buying sport-specific equipment.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.