Scorpene-class Submarine ‘VAGSHEER’ inaugurated at Mazagon Dock Limited
Scorpene-class Submarine ‘VAGSHEER’ inaugurated at Mazagon Dock Limited – INS Vagsheer, the sixth (6th) Scorpene Submarine of Project-75 was launched by the Indian Navy at the Kanhoji Angre Wet Basin of Mazagon Dock Limited (MDL) in Mumbai. the name of the submarine is ‘Vagsheer’.
- Vagsheer submarine will undergo rigorous harbour trials and sea trials. French naval defence and energy company ‘DCNS’ has designed these submarines and has been manufactured by Mazagon Dock Limited, Mumbai.
- It has ensured superior stealth features such as advanced acoustic silencing techniques, low radiated noise levels, hydro-dynamically optimized shape and so on.
- It has the ability to launch a crippling attack on the enemy using precision-guided weapons.
- Scorpene submarines can launch various types of missions including anti-surface warfare, anti-submarine warfare, intelligence gathering, mine laying, area surveillance etc.
List of submarines under Scorpene-class submarines:
- First (1st) submarine: INS Kalvari- was commissioned on 14 December 2017.
- Second (2nd): INS Khanderi – was commissioned on September 2019
- Third (3rd): INS Karanj – was commissioned on March 2021
- Fourth (4th): INS Vela – was commissioned on November 2021
- Fifth (5th): INS Vagir- launched in November 2020 and is undergoing sea trials.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
📣 Prepare Exams is now on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube Channel, and Google News to get all the latest News first Like, Follow and bookmark our website @ PrepareExams.com.
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.