SCO Health Ministers Digital Meet 2020
- The Health and Family Welfare Minister Shri Dr. Harsh Vardhan ji became the part of Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) Health Minister’s Digital Meet. the meet was held on 24th July 2020. Minister of Health of the Russian Federation Mr. Mikhail Murashko headed the SCO meet 2020.
Points to Remember –
- During the meet, Ministers conducted a discussion on ongoing COVID-19 disease crisis and it was most important topic of discussion.
- India has kept a Sub-Group on Traditional Medicine under the existing Institutional Meetings of the SCO Health Ministers to meet with the WHO Traditional Medicine Strategy 2014-2023.
- India has provided its suggestions to tackle the COVID-19 Disease and shared effective implementation of the joint statement on cooperation.
- As per report of Indian Govt, India has got 1.25 million COVID-19 cases and over 30,000 deaths are here due to COVID-19 Virus in the country.