Sangeeta Verma appointed as acting chairperson of CCI – The government of India has elected Sangeeta Verma as the acting chairperson of the Competition Commission of India (CCI) and will replace full-time Chairperson Ashok Kumar Gupta who is demitting office. Sangeeta Verma is currently a member at the regulator.
- Sangeeta Verma will serve as the acting chairperson of the Competition Commission of India (CCI) for a “period of three months or till the appointment of regular Chairperson or till any further orders, whichever is the earliest.
- Ashok Kumar Gupta assumed the charge as the CCI chairperson in November 2018.
Dr Sangeeta Verma:
- Dr. Sangeeta Verma is a 1981 batch of the Indian Economic Service (IES) and is currently a member of the regulator (CCI).
- She joined the CCI as a member on 24th December 2018.
- She is having an experience more than 3 decades in Government (Central & State), as an economist, administrator, regulator, and policymaker.
- She served the government in several sectors of the economy, such as consumer affairs, industry, agriculture, power, and women and child development.
- She served as Secretary of the U. P. State Electricity Regulatory Commission (UPERC), and Economic Adviser with the Central Electricity Authority, Ministry of Power (MoP).
- She also served as the Principal Adviser in the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (now the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade – DPIIT).
Competition Commission of India (CCI):
- The Competition Commission of India (CCI) was founded under the Competition Act, of 2002 for the administration, implementation, and enforcement of the Act.
- It was formed in March 2009.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.