RBI Deputy Guv Kanungo steps down
On 2nd April 2021, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) deputy governor B.P. Kanungo has stepped down. he completes his term.
- In 2017, he was appointed deputy governor for a period of three years.
- in 2020, he got an extension of one year.
- He was serving in charge of the department of currency management, payment and settlement, and foreign exchange, among others.
deputy governor B.P. Kanungo
- He started his career as a central banker in September 1982.
- he has served in various functional areas of the banks.