Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana on 10 Sept
- On 10th September 2020, The Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi Ji is going to begin the Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY). PM Modi also begin the e-Gopala App. the e-Gopala App will act as a breed improvement marketplace and information portal and it will help directly to farmers. PM may introduce various other initiatives in the fisheries and animal husbandry sectors in state Bihar.
Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana –
- PMMS Yojana works under the Government of India (GoI). the main objective of PMMSY is to develop the fisheries sector in the country.
- Almost 20000 Crore will be spent on this scheme during the period of five years. the Yojana will run from FY 2020-21 to FY 2024-25. PMMSY scheme will bring all States/Union Territories (UTs) under one roof as per AatmaNirbhar Bharat Package.
Key Points –
- The purpose of PMMSY is to boost fish production by an additional 70 lakh tonnes and is to grow fisheries export profits to Rs.1,00,000 crore by the year 2024-25.
- It also concentrates on fishers and fish farmers incomes double and it may help to decrease post-harvest losses to 10 per cent from 20-25 per cent.
- The Yojana will create over 50 lakhs directly and indirectly jobs.
- PMMSY will cover the gap between production and productivity and it will help to boost traceability, value chain, building a robust fisheries management framework, and fishers’ welfare.
e-Gopala App –
- e-Gopala App is known as an information portal that will be used directly by farmers. e-Gopala App is also a complete breed improvement marketplace. at present, India has no digital platform that could manage the livestock of farmers. it also includes selling and buying of disease-free germplasm in all forms.
Key Points –
- The main purpose of the app is to lead farmers for animal nutrition, better treatment of animals with the help of an appropriate ayurvedic medicine/ethnoveterinary medicine in the country.
- it is being believed that the app will fulfil the need of farmers and it will also control quality breeding services such as veterinary first aid, treatment of animals, give vaccination to animals and so on.
- The e-Gopala App will offer the best solutions to all farmers and it will send alerts to farmers when vaccination, pregnancy diagnosis, calving dates will be due.