“Poshan Bhi, Padhai Bhi” Campaign: Improve Early Childhood Education in India – To strengthen Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE), The Ministry of Women and Child Development is conducting a national event on key initiatives. ECCE is an important component of Mission Saksham Anganwadi and Poshan 2.0 (Mission Poshan 2.0) and is envisaged under the National Education Policy.
- The Women and Child Development Minister Smriti Irani launched the ‘Poshan Bhi, Padhai Bhi’ campaign in September 2022, aimed at transforming the 14,00,000 Anganwadi centres into pre-schools that offer early childhood care and education.
- This campaign aims to focus on providing early learning opportunities to children.
- The Ministry of Women and Child Development started “Poshan Bhi Padhai Bhi, a pathbreaking ECCE program to ensure that India holds the world’s largest, universal, high-quality preschool network, as suggested by the National Education Policy.
“Poshan Bhi, Padhai Bhi” campaign for Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE):
- Poshan bhi Padhai bhi will promote holistic and quality early stimulation and pre-primary education for children, ensuring the use of developmentally appropriate pedagogies and emphasizing the links with primary education as well as early childhood health and nutrition services.
- Poshan Bhi, Padhai Bhi program will provide for the mother tongue as primary teacher instruction medium, different types of teaching-learning material (visual aids, audio aids, audio-visual and bodily-kinesthetic aids) to Anganwadi Sewikas, and help build a Jan Andolan, to involve communities in strengthening the foundations of the country’s future generations.
Also Read –