PM to launch Swachh Bharat Mission-Urban 2.0 and AMRUT 2.0 on 1st October
PM Narendra Modi will launch Swachh Bharat Mission-Urban 2.0 and Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation 2.0 on 1st October 2021, at Dr. Ambedkar International Centre, New Delhi.
- The Missions will aim to make all cities ‘Garbage Free’ and ‘Water Secure’.
- They will also help contribute towards the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals 2030.
About Swachh Bharat Mission-Urban 2.0
- SBM-U 2.0 will make all cities ‘Garbage Free’.
- To ensure grey and black water management in all cities
- To make all urban local bodies as ODF+ and those with a population of less than 1 lakh as ODF++.
- SBM-U 2.0 Mission will draw attention on source segregation of solid waste, utilizing the principles of 3Rs (Reduce, reuse, recycle).
- Govt will spend around ₹1.41 lakh crore for SBM-U 2.0
About AMRUT 2.0
- The main purpose of the AMRUT 2.0 is to provide 100% coverage of water supply to all households in around 4,700 urban local bodies.
- The mission also provides about 2.68 crore tap connections and 100% coverage of sewerage and septage in 500 AMRUT cities.
- Under the AMRUT 2.0, over 10.5 crore people in urban areas will take benefit.
- It will help in the data-led governance in water management and Technology Sub-Mission to leverage the latest global technologies and skills.
- Govt will conduct ‘Pey Jal Survekshan’ in order to promote progressive competition among cities.
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.