PM Modi Unveils Shri Adi Shankaracharya Samadhi and Statue in Kedarnath
On 5th November 2021, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated key infrastructure projects related to the redevelopment of Kedarnath.
- During the visit of PM Modi’s Uttarakhand, He also inaugurated the reconstructed Shri Adi Shankaracharya Samadhi (final resting place) at the premises of the Kedarnath Temple in Rudraprayag district of Uttarakhand and unveiled the statue of Shri Adi Shankaracharya at the Samadhi.
About statue of Shri Adi Shankaracharya at the Samadhi
- The statue of Shri Adi Shankaracharya is 12 feet long and has a weight of around 35 tonnes (35,000kg).
- the statue has been constructed by Mysore-based sculptor Arjun Yogiraj.
Natural disaster in Kedarnath in 2013
- In 2013, a natural disaster was occurred in Kedarnath 2013 and lost lives and life. also, The Samadhi was damaged in the 2013 Kedarnath flood.
- The Govt will begin the ‘Integrated development of Kedarnath’ project under the PRASHAD scheme.
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.