Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Centre-State Science Conclave via video conferencing on 10th September 2022. PM Modi also called for concerted efforts to make India a global centre of research and innovation and urged the state govts to frame modern policies in the fields of science and technology. The two-day Conclave was held at Science City, Ahmedabad on September 10-11.
- Centre-State Science Conclave included sessions on different thematic areas including STI Vision 2047; Future Growth Pathways and Vision for STI in States; Health – Digital Health Care for All; Doubling Private Sector investment in R&D by 2030; Agriculture – Technological interventions for improving farmers’ income; Water – Innovation for producing potable drinking water; Energy- Clean Energy for All including S&T role in Hydrogen mission; Deep Ocean Mission and its relevance for Coastal States/UTs as well as country’s future economy.
Centre-State Science Conclave
- Modi govt made a lot of efforts and as a result, India ranked 46th on the Global Innovation Index. In 2015, India ranked 81 in GII.
- PM Urged the state governments to frame modern policies related to science, innovation, and technology to find solutions to local problems.
- He focused on the need for more cooperation and collaboration with scientists.
- Govt has planned to increase the number of innovations in higher education institutions in the states.
******** End ********
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|