Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya 105th birth anniversary
In 2021, India is celebrating the 105th birth anniversary of Pt. Deendayal Upadhyaya on 25th September. In 2014, The Govt of India declared the day of 25th September as Antyodaya Divas and was officially celebrated since 2015. Modi govt dedicated the day in honor of the late Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya to mark his birth anniversary.
- On 16 February 2020, PM Modi inaugurated the Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya Memorial Centre and also, unveiled a 63-foot statue of Deendayal in Varanasi.
Who was Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya
- He was born in 1916 in Mathura.
- He had served Bharatiya Jana Sangh between 1953 and 1968.
- Deendayal was a humanist, economist, journalist, philosopher and abled statesman.
- Deen Dayal Upadhyaya is known as the source of ideological guidance and moral inspiration for the BJP since its inception.
- Deendayal Upadhyaya passed the civil services examination. but, he became part of Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) as a volunteer.
- In 1940, Deendayal a monthly journal named ‘Rashtra Dharma’ to spread the ideology of Hindutva nationalism from Uttar Pradesh (UP).
- Also, he initiated ‘Panchjanya’, a weekly magazine, and a daily, ‘Swadesh’.
- Deendayal Upadhyaya died in February 1968 near Mughalsarai Junction railway station under mysterious circumstances.
Deen Dayal Upadhyay Grameen Kaushalya Yojana
- On 25th September 2014, Union Ministers Nitin Gadkari and Venkaiah Naidu launched Deen Dayal Upadhyay Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU- GKY) on the 98th birth anniversary of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya as a part of the National Rural Livelihood Mission (NRLM).
- the main purpose of this scheme is to transform rural poor youth into an economically independent and globally relevant workforce.
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.