Noted social worker and Padma Shri awardee Avdhash Kaushal died at the age of 84 at a private hospital in Dehradun due to a prolonged illness. Kaushal founded the non-governmental organisation (NGO), Rural Litigation and Entitlement Kendra (RLEK) in the late 1970s for development work amongst tribal hill communities in the areas of Jaunsar-Bawar, a tribal belt of Dehradun district.
- In 2003, Avdhash Kaushal chaired the panel of a discussion on the importance of local content within Information and Communication Technology and was specially invited by the United Nations to the World Summit in Geneva.
- Kaushal was nominated as a member of the International Committee to probe into war crimes and disappearances in Sri Lanka.
Who is Avdhash Kaushal
- Avdhash Kaushal was an Indian academic, environmentalist and activist.
- He was honoured with a Padma Shri award in 1986.
- He was born in 1934/1935 and died on 12 July 2022 due to following a prolonged illness.
- Avdhash Kaushal was also an Associate professor for seven years at Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration in Mussoorie.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App