The Powerful Partnership Scholarship Program is offered to support the achievements of 30 exceptional high school seniors who have demonstrated leadership in their studies and volunteer work. The Scholarship includes a $1,000 – $1,500 is awarded based on the program’s selection criteria and on the number of applications received.
NV Energy Powerful Partnership Scholarship 2024 – Overview
|NV Energy Powerful Partnership Scholarship
|Application Open Date
|October 1, 2023
|January 31, 2024
Follow the requirements for applying for the Program:
- Must be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident;
- Must be a Graduating high school senior attending school, or homeschooled, in NV Energy’s northern service territory;
- Must have shown academic success with a minimum unweighted grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale;
- Must have the goal of pursuing a degree at an accredited institution of higher education in Nevada including vocational and trade schools.
- Must have completed 20 hours of volunteer service within the previous 12 months as validated by school counselor, agency, or organization. (Volunteer service may include your work with a nonprofit agency such as a church group, Boy Scouts or Girl Scouts, Key Club, etc.)
To apply for the program, you will have to submit your application.
- The online application
- Your high school transcript
- 2 letters of recommendation, one from a school official and one from the agency or organization where the student has volunteered
- For dependents of NV Energy employees, you will have to give your parent or guardian’s Employee ID number.
- Give evidence of enrollment at an institution of higher education in Nevada (e.g. acceptance letter, class schedule, etc.) along with other scholarship acceptance documents.
- An unofficial copy of transcripts at the end of each semester
The candidates will be evaluated based on Essays, grade transcripts, test scores, community service, and letters of recommendation.