NITI Aayog – UNDP Launch Handbook on Sustainable Management of Plastic Waste
NITI Aayog has launched a handbook titled ‘NITI Aayog-UNDP Handbook on Sustainable Urban Plastic Waste Management in the collaboration with UNDP India. The Handbook will help in promoting sustainable management of plastic waste in the country.
- The Handbook consists of the best practices and examples from cities in India and Southeast Asia that face similar infrastructure and plastic waste challenges.
- The handbook is a repository of 18 case studies/best practices from India, including 4 from south Asian countries divided into four major components, including
- a) Technical models for recycling,
- b) Material Recovery Facilities (MRF),
- c) Governance for effective plastic waste management,
- d) IEC and Digitization.
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.