NITI Aayog Releases 4th Edition of State Health Index – NITI Aayog has released released the fourth (4th) edition of the State Health Index for 2019–20 titled “Healthy States, Progressive India”. the index ranks states and Union Territories on their year-on-year incremental performance in health outcomes as well as their overall status.
- The State Health Index for 2019–20 was prepared by NITI Aayog, World Bank, and Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW).
- The State Health Index acts as an annual tool to assess the performance of states and UTs of the country.
- It is based on 24 indicators grouped under the domains of ‘Health Outcomes’, ‘Governance and Information’, and ‘Key Inputs/Processes’.
- On overall ranking based on the composite index score in 2019–20, the top-ranking states were Kerala and Tamil Nadu among the ‘Larger States’,
- Mizoram and Tripura among the ‘Smaller States’,
- DH&DD and Chandigarh ]
State Health Index 2021: categories
- Larger States
- Smaller States
- Union Territories
Among the ‘Larger States’, in terms of annual incremental performance
- Uttar Pradesh, Assam and Telangana are the top three ranking states.
Among ‘Smaller States’
- Mizoram and Meghalaya have accounted the maximum annual incremental progress.
- Delhi has shown the best incremental performance, followed by Jammu and Kashmir at the 2nd place.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.