NITI Aayog released draft battery swapping policy 2022 – NITI Aayog has released a draft battery swapping policy. under the first phase of the policy, all metropolitan cities with a population above 40 lakh are to be prioritized for the development of a battery swapping network.
- In the second phase, All major cities such as state capitals, UT headquarters, and cities with populations above 5 lakh will be covered.
What is Battery Swapping?
- Battery swapping is an alternative that involves exchanging discharged batteries for charged ones. Battery swapping de-links the vehicle and fuel (in this case, the battery) and thereby leads to a reduction in the upfront cost of the vehicles.
- Battery swapping is popularly used for smaller vehicles, such as two- and three-wheelers, which have smaller batteries that are easier to swap compared to other automotive segments where the same can be implemented mechanically.
- Battery swapping offers three key advantages relative to charging—time-saving, space-efficient, and cost-effective—provided each swappable battery is actively used.
- Further, Battery swapping provides a level playing field for innovative and sustainable business models, such as ‘Battery as a Service.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.