National Safety Day 2023: Purpose, History, Theme – The day of 4th March is observed as National Safety Day in order to commemorate the foundation of the National Safety Council. it also aims to mark the importance of following safety regulations and measures to avoid workplace mishaps.
National Safety Day: Purpose
- The main purpose of this day is to promote the Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) movement in the country.
- Also renews the commitment of employees and the public to work safely.
National Safety Day: History
- In 1972, the National Safety Council (NSC) was established by the Ministry of Labour, Government of India.
- NSC’s role is to generate and develop a voluntary movement on Safety, Health, and Environment.
National Safety Day: Theme
- The theme for National Safety Day 2023 is “Our Aim – Zero Harm”.
- In 2022, the theme of National Safety Day is “Nurture young minds Develop a safety culture”
- The National Safety Day Theme 2021 is “Sadak Suraksha (Road Safety)”.
National Safety Week 2023
- The 2023 National Safety Week is being organised between 4th March and 10th March 2022.
National Safety Day: Quotes
- “At the end of the day, the goals are simple: Safety and security.” – Jodi Rell, former Governor of Connecticut
- “Nothing is of greater importance than the conservation of human life.” – Former U.S. President Calvin Coolidge
- “Shallow men believe in luck; wise and strong men in the cause and effect.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Safety work is today recognized as an economic necessity. It is the study of the right way to do things.” – Robert W. Campbell, first president of the National Safety Council.
National Safety Council
- National Safety Council is a premier, non-profit, self-financing and tripartite apex body at the national level in India.
- Headquarters: Navi Mumbai
- Founder: Ministry of Labour and Employment
- Founded: 4 March 1966
- Purpose: Industrial safety
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.