National Panchayati Raj Day 2022: Theme, History – Every year, National Panchayati Raj Day is observed on April 24 to raise awareness about the panchayats and gram sabhas along with local self-governments in rural India.
- This day is celebrated to commemorate the passing of the 73rd Constitutional Amendment Act in 1992.
National Panchayati Raj Day 2022: History
- On 24th April 2010, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh declared to observe National Panchayati Raj Day.
- On that day, the Constitution (73rd Amendment) Act, 1992 was passed.
- First Time, this day was observed by the Rajasthan state that implemented the Panchayati Raj System in 1959. the Amendment was cleared Officially on 24th April 1993 and this day got to known as National Panchayati Raj 2020 Day across the country.
National Panchayati Raj Day 2022: Theme
- The year’s theme is not decided yet.
National Panchayati Raj Day 2022: Awards
The award will be presented in the following five categories:
- Deen Dayal Upadhyay Panchayat Sashaktikaran Purushkar
- Nanaji Deshmukh Rashtriya Gaurav Gram Pushkar
- Child-friendly Panchayat Award
- Gram Panchayat Development Plan Award
- e-Panchayat Puraskar
Panchayati raj system in India
- The Panchayati raj system in India has been divided into three levels including 1) Gram panchayat at the village level, 2) block panchayat or panchayat Samiti at the intermediate level, and 3) Zila panchayat at the district level.
- Balwant Rai Mehta proposed the decentralisation of gram panchayat and is also known as the ‘Father of Panchayati Raj’.
Launching of Swamitva Scheme –
- The Prime Minister will also commence a Swamitva Scheme that will provide a helping hand in integrated property validation solutions for rural India.
The ranking of the following States that have been adjudged for e-Panchayat Puraskar under both the categories is as follows:
The Winning States under Category I:
- 1st Place – Karnataka
- 2nd Place – Chhattisgarh
- 3rd Place – Odisha and Uttar Pradesh
Winning States under Category II:
- 1st Place – Tripura
- 2nd Place – Assam
- 3rd Place – Sikkim
National Panchayati Raj Day 2022: FAQs
Who is the father of Panchayati Raj?
In 1957, The Balwant Rai Mehta Committee was created to examine the work of the Community Development Programme (1952) and the National Extension Service (1953), to suggest measures to improve their work. MP Balwantrai Mehta was the head of this Committee.
What is Panchayat Raj Diwas?
On that day, the Constitution (73rd Amendment) Act, 1992 was passed.
When did Panchayati Raj start?
Panchayati Raj started functioning on 2 October 1959.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.