Every year, National epilepsy day is observed on November 17th in India to raise public awareness of epilepsy. the main purpose of this day is to raise awareness about epilepsy disorder which is characterized by seizures or fits and raise awareness of the causes and symptoms of epilepsy.
- epilepsy is a neurological disorder that affects the central nervous system.
- It is characterized by recurrent ‘seizures’ or ‘fits’.
- International Epilepsy Day is observed on the 2nd Monday of February across the world.
- In 2022, International Epilepsy Day was celebrated on February 14.
National Epilepsy Day 2022: Theme
- The theme of National Epilepsy Awareness Month (NEAM) 2022 is “There is no NEAM without ME”.
Symptoms of epilepsy
- Loss of consciousness is very common
- One may feel stiffness in the muscles of arms or legs or face
- Tingling sensation (feeling of pricking pins or needles) in arms or legs
- One may feel sudden twitching (uncontrollable jerking motions of the arms and legs)
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.