Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment launches Elder Line (Toll-Free No- 14567)
The Govt of India has launched the country’s first Pan-India toll-free helpline – 14567 — called ‘Elder Line’. the Elder Line will offer free information and guidance on pension issues, legal issues, extend emotional support, and even intervenes in the field in cases of abuse, and rescues the homeless elderly.
- Using ‘Elder Line’, senior citizens can connect and share their concerns, get information and guidance on problems that they face on a day-to-day basis.
- National Helpline for Sr Citizen (Elder line – 14567) has been made operational in various Indian states they are: Telangana, Tamil Nadu, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Karnataka, and Uttar Pradesh.
What is the Elder Line
- Elder Line is a National Helpline for Senior Citizens that will play a role in providing free information, guidance, emotional support, field intervention in cases of abuse & rescues.
- the help line number will help in improving the quality of life of senior citizens.
Need of the Elder Line
- India will have nearly 20% elderly population i.e. over 300 million senior citizens by 2050. This age group faces various mental, emotional, financial, legal and physical challenges.
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.