Mansukh Mandaviya started off SAROD-Ports
- In New Delhi, Shipping (I/C) Union Minister Mansukh Mandaviya has started of the Society for Affordable Redressal of Disputes-Ports (SAROD-Ports). the purpose of it is to afford and timely resolution of disputes in a fair manner. apart from this, it also focuses on the enrichment of Dispute Resolution Mechanism.
Key Points –
- All ports are going towards Landlord Model.
- SAROD-Ports will help in encouraging participants of private players.
- in the maritime sector, it will also increase ease of doing business. it follows a fast, timely, cost-effective and robust dispute resolution mechanism.
- SAROD-Ports includes the members from Indian Ports Association (IPA) and Indian Private Ports and Terminals Association (IPTTA).