Maharashtra Cabinet approved ‘Maharashtra Gene Bank Project’ – Maharashtra Cabinet has given its approval for the ‘Maharashtra Gene Bank’ in order to conserve genetic resources in Maharashtra including marine diversity, seeds of local crops, and animal diversity.
- Rs 172.39 crores will be spent on these seven focus areas in the upcoming five years.
- The Maharashtra State Biodiversity Board (MSBB) will implement the project and will be examined by committees under the chief secretary and the principal secretary (forests).
The ‘Maharashtra Gene Bank Project’ will work on seven areas:
- Marine biodiversity
- Local crop/seed varieties
- Indigenous cattle breeds
- Freshwater biodiversity
- Grassland, scrubland, and animal grazing land biodiversity
- Conservation and management plans for areas under forest right
- Rejuvenation of forest areas.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.