Know the difference between LOC and LAC
- Here, we will explain about LOC and LAC. we all know that India is facing various disputes with neighbours countries Pakistan and China. the Movement of china is increasing at the border that is leading to a war-like situation among these countries. We think a citizen needs to know borders connected with our country and why the war situation is being created at borders. let’s begin.
1 – What is LOC?
1.1 LOC means Line of Control it is a line which activities such as firing and face to face interaction are taken place here and from here, militaries enter to India Boundry.
1.2 LOC indicates a boundary between Indian occupied Jammu & Kashmir and Pakistan occupied Area. the total length of LOC is almost 776-kilometres.
1.3 India has 45 per cent part of Kashmir which is known as Jammu and Kashmir.
2 – What is LAC?
- LAC means Line of Actual Control. it indicates a boundary between India and China. the theory of “Line of Actual Control” (LAC) was introduced in agreement between both nations in 1993. unfortunately, Both nations could not make settlement on ground positions.
- LAC divides Indian and Chinese-controlled territory. both nations’ armies keep a distance of 50 to 100 km.
- China considers LAC to be about 2,000 km line however India considers the LAC to be about 3,488 km long.
- LAC has three zones: Ladakh (western), Uttarakhand (middle )and Himachal Pradesh (middle ) and Arunachal Pradesh and Sikkim (eastern ).
3 – Difference between LOC and LAC in short –
|Full form||Line of Control||Line of Actual Control|
|Location||Azad Kashmir, Gilgit and Baltistan occupied by Pakistan and Jammu, |
Ladakh, and the Kashmir Valley, occupied by India.
|Eastern side – Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh |
Western side – Ladakh, Kashmir
Middle – Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh.
|Area (Length)||776 kilometer (No Declare)||4,057 kilometer (No Declare)|
|Between||India and Pakistan||India and China|