Every year, International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women is observed on 25 November across the world. the main purpose of this day is to increase awareness of the suffering of women worldwide.
- it also marks to prevent and response to violence against women and apprises people about the basic human rights of women and gender equality.
International Day For The Elimination Of Violence Against Women 2022: Theme
- The 2022 theme of International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women is ‘UNITE! Activism to End Violence against Women and Girls.’
- The theme of the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women 2021 is “Orange the World: End Violence Against Women Now!”. The color orange symbolizes a more hopeful future for a free-of-violence society for women and girls.
International Day For The Elimination Of Violence Against Women 2022: History
- In 1979, the United Nations General Assembly established The Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW).
- The UN General Assembly passed Resolution 48/104 to adopt the “Declaration on the Elimination of Violence against Women” on 20th December 1993.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★