India’s first rooftop, open-air, Jio drive-in theatre to open
On 5th November 2021, The first open-air rooftop drive-in movie theatre in India (spread across 17.5 acres) has started its services at Jio World Drive mall of Reliance Industries in Mumbai, Maharashtra, which has been launched in partnership with Reliance Retail and multiplex chain PVR.
- The multiplex chain PVR Ltd will operate and manage the drive-in theatre.
- It will offer a facility of the accommodation of around 290 cars.
- Akshay Kumar’s Sooryavanshi become the first movie that was screened at the theatre.
India’s first open-air rooftop theatre:
- The Ticket price is around ₹1,200 and only four people are permitted inside one vehicle.
- It is one of the biggest cinema screens in India with 24m x 10m dimensions.
- The theatre has been powered by Christie RGB Laser Projection.
- It will bring sound enhancement by broadcasting the soundtrack over FM signal through the car’s sound system.
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.