India’s first COVID-19 vaccine for animals ‘Anocovax’ launched – The Agriculture Ministry unveiled India’s first Covid-19 vaccine for animals named ‘Anocovax’. ‘Anocovax’ Covid-19 vaccine has been developed by the Hisar-based National Research Centre on Equines. it can protect animals against the Delta and Omicron variants of SARS-CoV-2.
- This is the first Covid-19 vaccine for animals developed in India.
- Ancovax vaccine can be used in dogs, lions, leopards, mice, and rabbits.
- Ancovax vaccine is an inactivated vaccine developed using an infectious part of the Delta variant.
- it also uses Alhydrogel as an adjuvant to boost the immune response.
- Dr Jyoti Misri, senior scientist, of the Indian Council of Agricultural Research said That vaccines can protect animals in the zoo. It can also prevent transmission from companion animals to humans.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App