Indian Railways launches Integrated Rail Madad Helpline Number
On 8th March 2021, Indian Railways has launched the Rail Madad Helpline 139 and integrated all railway helplines into a single number ‘139’ (Rail Madad Helpline).
- The Rail Madad Helpline 139 will be used to making queries, assistance and complaints about passengers during the travel.
- Apart from this, the Ministry of Railway launched a social media campaign – #OneRailHelpline139
What is Helpline no 139?
- Rail Madad Helpline 139 will be available in 12 languages.
- Traveller can choose Interactive Voice Response System (IVRS) or directly connect to a call centre executive by pressing the ‘*’ (asterisk) button.
- An average of 3,44,512 calls/SMS is received at the authorities hand in each day on Rail Madad Helpline 139.
Menu of 139 Helpline (IVRS)
|Press 1||to a call centre executive|
|Press 2||For enquiry –|
PNR status, arrival/ departure of the train,
accommodation, fare enquiry,
system ticket cancellation,
wake up alarm facility /
wheelchair booking, meal booking
|Press 4||To make general complaints|
|Press 5||To make vigilance related complaints|
|Press 6||Make queries related parcel and goods|
|Press 7||Making IRCTC operated trains queries|
|Press 8||complaints Status|
|*||talk to a call center executive|