45 years old and Indian-origin attorney Vivek Malek has been appointed as the first non-white treasurer of the US state of Missouri. Malek will take place of fellow Republican Treasurer Scott Fitzpatrick, who is leaving the position to become state auditor in January.
- In 2002, Malek moved from Rohtak in Haryana to what’s called Missouri’s Bootheel to get his master’s degree in business administration from Southeast Missouri State University.
- Malek holds a bachelor’s degree from Maharshi Dayanand University in Rohtak,
- He also pursued a master of law from the University of Illinois College of Law in Urbana-Champaign, Illinois.
- Malek was recognized by the Missouri Senate (2015) and Missouri House (2007) for his service and contributions to Missouri communities.
- He received the Minority Business Leader Award from the St Loui Business Journal in 2010.
- He earned the Up and Coming lawyers Award by Missouri Lawyers Media in 2010, and was recognized as Top 30 under 30 by Business Today magazine in 2007, among other awards and recognition.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App