Young Indian boxers including Vishwanath Suresh, Vanshaj, and Devika Ghorpade won gold at the IBA Youth Men’s and Women’s World Boxing Championships 2022 in La Nucia, Spain. Vishwanath won India’s first gold at the championship and beat Ronel Suyom of the Philippines in the men’s 48kg final.
- Bhawan Sharma won a silver medal in the women’s 48kg category and was defeated by Uzbekistan’s Gulsevar Ganieva.
- Pauna Sharma won the silver medal in the women’s 48 kg category of the series.
- Ashish won a silver medal in the 54kg category.
- India topped the medal list with 11 medals, followed by Uzbekistan (2nd spot) with 10 medals, and Ireland and Kazakhstan with 7 medals each.
IBA Youth Men’s and Women’s World Boxing Championship 2022
- The IBA Youth Men’s and Women’s World Boxing Championship 2022 was held at La Nucia between 14th November 2022 and 26th November 2022.
- it preserves the right of every individual to participate in boxing and enhances women’s boxing programs.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App