India to look 100 MT coal gasification target
The GoI is looking for 100 million tonnes (MT) coal gasification. Govt wants to achieve this target by the year 2030. This information has been shared by Union Minister of Coal and Mines Shri Pralhad Joshi during a webinar in New Delhi.
Key Points –
- The centre is planning to invest more than 4 lakh crore rupees in order to get the target.
- The main purpose of it is to increase the production of synthetic natural gas, energy fuel, urea for fertilizers, and other chemicals.
- it will also promote the use of clean sources of fuels.
- The Centre has created a Steering Committee and V.K. Saraswat will serve as chairman of Committee.
- On the contrast, CIL is also planning to install 3 gasification plants (besides Dankuni) on a Build-Own-Operate (BOO) basis. along with it, CIL inked an MoU with GAIL.