India successfully tested the nuclear-capable Agni V missile capable of striking targets at ranges up to 5,000 kilometers with a very high degree of accuracy from the APJ Abdul Kalam Island off Odisha coast. India Scienteets conducted the night trials of the Agni V nuclear-capable ballistic missile after Indian and Chinese troops clash in the Tawang district of Arunachal Pradesh.
- The test aimed to validate new technologies and equipment on the missile.
- The new version is lighter than before.
- The trial proved the capability to enhance the range of the Agni V missile.
Agni V missile Project
- The Agni V project aims to enhance India’s nuclear deterrence against China, which is known to have missiles like Dongfeng-41 having ranges between 12,000-15,000 km.
- The Agni 1 to 4 missiles have ranges from 700 km to 3,500 km
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App