India Ranks at 8th On Global List For Climate Protection
India climbed two spots to rank 8th out of 63 in the Climate Change Performance Index (CCPI) 2023. India’s improvement is due to its low emissions and the increasing use of renewable energy. The three environmental non-governmental organizations published the Climate Change Performance Index report 2022 on November 14, 2022. The three environmental non-governmental organizations track the climate performance of the European Union and 59 countries.
- As per the Climate Change Performance Index, The United States climbed by three ranks to the 52nd, Iran (63rd), Saudi Arabia (62nd), and Kazakhstan (61st) as the worst.
- Denmark is at 4th rank in the index, followed by Sweden and Chile.
- China is the world’s biggest polluter, slipped 13 places to 51st in CCPI 2022.
Climate Change Performance Index: Objective
- The Climate Change Performance Index (CCPI) has been released since 2005 to enhance transparency in international climate politics.
- The CCPI also enables the comparison of individual countries’ climate protection efforts and progress.
Top 10 countries on CCPI
Climate Change Performance Index
- The Climate Change Performance Index enables transparency in national and international climate politics.
- The index uses a standardized framework to compare the climate performance of 59 countries and the European Union which are responsible for 92%of global greenhouse gas emissions.
- The Climate Protection Performance has four categories: 1) Greenhouse Gas emissions, 2) Renewable Energy, 3) Energy use, and 4) Climate Policy.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
📣 Prepare Exams is now on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube Channel, and Google News to get all the latest News first Like, Follow and bookmark our website @ PrepareExams.com.
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.