Income Tax Return 2023: ITR Filing Last Date & How To File ITR 2023 Online – The official last date for filing the Income Tax Return for the Financial Year 2022-23 is July 31st, 2023. It is important to keep in mind that the new ITR forms for the assessment year 2023-24 will commence on 1 April 2023. Indians whose’s earnings are above the basic exemption limit of Rs 2,50,000 per annum will require to file the Income Tax Return before the last date without fail. You must remember that due to exemptions, citizens who have taxable income up to Rs 5,00,000 do not have to pay any taxes.
Last year, Govt of India extended ITR filing due dates for different reasons. The date was formally extended from 31st July to 30th September for Indian citizens. Regardless, all citizens must keep in mind that there are no official announcements about the extension of the date this year. One should know the deadline.
Here is everything you must know regarding the Income Tax Return 2023 filing and the step-by-step process to file the ITR online. Citizens will have to know the online ITR filing process properly so they can complete the steps by the last date, which is July 31st, 2023.
The details on the official portal of the Income-tax department shows that Tax Payers can file a return of income either in hard copy at the local office of the Income-tax Department or can file it electronically at the official website – www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in.
Income Tax Return 2023 (ITR) E-filing: Steps To File
Here is the step-by-step process you will need to follow when you are filing the Income Tax Return 2023 online:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of the Income Tax e-Filing portal i.e. www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in.
- Step 2: Log in to your registered account by using your username, password, date of birth, and the given Captcha Code.
- Step 3: Click on the “e-File” menu and click on the active link that remarks “Income Tax Return” and click on the OK button to continue.
- Step 4: Read the instructions carefully and fill in all the required fields of the online ITR form.
- Step 5: Select the appropriate verification option in the ‘Taxes Paid and Verification’ section, and Click on the ‘Preview and Submit’ button. You must ensure all the details you have entered in the ITR form are correct.
- Step 6: Click on Submit after cross-checking the details on the ITR.
- Step 7: Select the “I would like to e-Verify” option and then, you will have to complete the e-Verification via EVC, Aadhaar OTP, Prevalidated Bank, Account Prevalidated, etc.
- Step 8: Enter the EVC/OTP within 60 seconds otherwise the Income Tax Return (ITR) will be auto-submitted.