ICICI Bank launches Its Digital Wallet Pockets with NPCI
ICICI Bank has launched a unique facility with NPCI, which allows linking a Unified Payments Interface (UPI) ID with its digital wallet, named ‘Pockets’.
- It will help in removing the current practice of linking UPI IDs with a savings bank account.
- New users (who are not customers of ICICI Bank) will be able to get a UPI ID instantly through ‘Pockets’.
- Existing customers with UPI ID can generate a new ID when they log on to the ‘Pockets’ app.
- Users will make small value everyday transactions directly from their ‘Pockets’ wallet.
- transactions will be in a safe and secure manner.
- It will be more convenient for young adults like college students who haven’t a savings account.
Digital wallet, ‘Pockets’ benefits:
Scan and Pay: Users will be able to scan the QR codes and can make payments at the merchant outlets or at other locations, using the BHIM UPI on the ‘pockets’ app.
Users can make and receive payments: Users can use their ‘pockets’ UPI ID to pay. as well as, Customers can also receive money by entering from the sender’s UPI ID.
Facility to Pay to contacts: This feature allows customers to make payments to their contacts in the phone book.
How To Make UPI Payments With ICICI Bank’s ‘Pockets’ Digital Wallet
Step 1: Download ‘Pockets’ and log in.
Step 2: The pockets will automatically create ‘pockets’ VPA through the registered mobile number. (like [email protected] where ‘9876xxxxxx’).
Step 3: Users will no require the creation of the UPI ID and Users can also modify the auto-created UPI ID through “modify” option.
About ICICI –
CEO: Sandeep Bakhshi
Founded: June 1994, Vadodara
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.