I&B Ministry forms a 12-member Committee to review guidelines of the Journalist Welfare Scheme, Ashok Kumar Tandon as head
The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (I & B) has formed a 12-members Committee in order to review the existing guidelines of the Journalist Welfare Scheme and make appropriate recommendations for changes to the guidelines.
- Prasar Bharati Board Member Ashok Kumar Tandon has been appointed as the head of the committee.
Members of the Committee:
- Chairman – Shri Ashok Kumar Tandon
- Convener – Pankaj Salodia, Director (IP)
- Shri Sachidanand Murthy, Resident Editor, The Week
- Shri Shekhar Aiyar, Freelance Journalist,
- Shri Amitabh Sinha, News 18,
- Shri Sishir Kumar Sinha, Business Line,
- Shri Ravinder Kumar, Special Correspondent, Zee News,
- Shri Hitesh Shankar, Editor, Panchjanya,
- Ms. Smriti Kak Ramachandran, Hindustan Times,
- Shri Amit Kumar, Times Now,
- Ms Vasudha Venugopal, Economic Times
- Smt. Kanchan Prasad, Addl. DG, Press Information Bureau.
Role of Committee
- To examine the need for revision of quantum of ex-gratia payment in death and other cases under Journalist Welfare Scheme.
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.