Hockey Player Ashok Kumar
- The Hockey Player Ashok Kumar has been honoured with the Lifetime achievement award. The city football club – Mohun Bagan Athletic Club awarded him. Ashok Kumar was a key player Indian Hockey team during 1975 World Cup winning.
About Ashok Kumar –
- Ashok Kumar is the son of former Hockey player Dhyan Chand. During the 60’s, he represented Bengal and later, he was chosen to national Hockey team.
- Ashok Kumar has won three silver medals in the three consecutive Asian Games in 1970, 1974 and 1978 years.
- Along with it, he received bronze and silver medal in the 1971 and 1973 World Cup and played an important role in winning gold for India in 1975 World Cup in Kuala Lumpur against Pakistan.
Awards in His Life –
- The former Indian Hockey player Gurbux Singh and former Bengal cricketer and coach Shri Palash Nandi will be honoured with Mohun Bagan Ratna 2020.
- Ashok Kumar (Hockey) will be given Lifetime Achievement award and also, will be given to Pranab Ganguly (Football) and Monoranjan Porel (Athletics).