Global Hunger Index 2022: India slips to 107th place, behind Bangladesh – India has fallen six places to rank 107 on the Global Hunger Index (GHI), 2022, out of 121 countries With a score of 29.1. the publishers of Global Hunger Index, European NGOs Concern Worldwide and Welthungerhilfe declared the level of hunger as serious.
- Bangladesh moved eight positions down to rank 84th among 121 countries GHI.
- Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Nepal, and Myanmar have been ranked 99, 64, 84, 81, and 71 respectively.
- Belarus, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Chile, China and Croatia are the top five countries in GHI 2022.
- Chad, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Madagascar, the Central African Republic and Yemen are the countries ranked at the bottom of the index.
Global Hunger Index
- The Global Hunger Index is a tool to measure and track hunger globally as well as by region and by country.
- The 2022 Global Hunger Index marks both the scandal of alarming hunger and the changing trajectory.
- GHI scores are like this – A higher score on the index shows a worsening hunger situation. Zero is the best score, indicating no hunger.
GHI scores are based on the values of four component indicators:
- Child stunting
- Child wasting
- Child mortality
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.