Indonesia handed over the G20 presidency to India for the coming year at the Bali summit on 16 November 2022. Prime Minister Narendra Modi presented gifts to world leaders highlighting India’s culture and arts. Indonesian President Joko Widodo handed over the G20 presidency to Prime Minister Modi at the conclusion of the two-day G20 Summit in Bali.
- India will officially take over the presidency of the G20 from December 1st, 2023.
- The Union Government plans to hold its first summit in India on September 9-10 in 2023.
- Brazil in 2024 and in South Africa in 2025 will be handed over the G20 presidency.
What is G20 and G20 Summit
- The G20 or Group of 20 is an intergovernmental forum of the world’s major developed and developing countries.
- The G20 comprises 19 countries: Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Turkey, the UK, the US, and the European Union.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
📣 Prepare Exams is now on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube Channel, and Google News to get all the latest News first Like, Follow and bookmark our website