Former SC judge Vineet Saran appointed as new BCCI ethics officer – Former Supreme Court judge, Vineet Saran has assumed the charge as the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) ethics officer and ombudsman. He has replaced Justice (Retd) D. K. Jain, whose term ended in June 2021. 65 years old Saran is a former Chief Justice of Odisha High Court and also served as a judge in Karnataka and Allahabad High Court.
Who is Justice Vineet Saran:
- Justice Vineet Saran completed graduation from Allahabad University in 1976.
- he obtained an LL.B degree and started practising in the Allahabad High Court from 1980 till 2002 on the constitutional, civil and criminal sides.
- Vineet also served as the Additional Advocate General for the State of U.P. in the year 1995.
- In 2002, Vineet Saran J was appointed as a permanent judge in the Allahabad High Court.
- He was then transferred to the Karnataka High Court on February 16th 2015.
- Vineet Saran J was promoted as the Chief Justice of Orissa High Court in 2016.
- He was elevated to the Supreme Court on August 8th, 2018.
******** End ********
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.