Pranab Mukherjee passed away
- The former Indian President Shri Pranab Mukherjee has taken his last breath at the age of 84. he was founded coronavirus positive and along with it, he underwent successful surgery to exclude a brain clot. he took birth in the village of Mirati in Birbhum district of West Bengal.
About Pranab Mukherjee –
- Pranab Mukherjee, he was known as ‘Pranab Da’. he served as Indian president from 2012 to 2017. in the year 2019, he was honoured with Bharat Ratna award.
- He became the 5th Indian president who received this Bharat Ratna award.
- he also served for Union minister and handled important foreign, defence, commerce and finance portfolios. During Indira Gandhi’s Cabinet, he got an opportunity to be the finance minister. between 1973 and 1974, he also served as a deputy minister for finance.
- He had served on the board of governors of the International Monetary Fund (IMF), World Bank, Asian Development Bank and African Development Bank.
- In the year 1991, he was chosen as the deputy chairman of the Planning Commission. he worked for a period of five years.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App