Former Health Secretary Preeti Sudan is appointed as a member of Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). Preeti Sudan is a 1983 batch (retired) IAS officer of Andhra Pradesh cadre, and will be administered the oath of office of the UPSC member.
- In July 2020, She superannuated as the health secretary.
- She also served in Women and Child Development and Defence Ministries.
- She also made her notable contribution to major flagship programs of the country — Beti Bachao Beti Padhao and Ayushman Bharat — apart from legislation on National Medical Commission, Allied Health Professional Commission, and ban on e-cigarettes.
- Every year, UPSC conducts civil services examinations in three stages — preliminary, main, and interview.
- Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS), and Indian Police Service (IPS) among others are selected.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App